Enterprise Recon 2.0.27
Install the Master Server
To install the Master Server:
The Master Server is a software appliance. This means that the Master Server installer includes an operating system. You do not have to install the operating system separately when installing the Master Server.
Instead, load the ISO image on bootable media such as a USB stick or a DVD, and use it to install the Master Server directly on bare-metal or a virtual machine.
See Install ER2 On a Virtual Machine for instructions on installing ER2 on a virtual machine.
Download the Installer
The installer is a bootable ISO image that installs the Master Server on your machine.
- Log into the Ground Labs Services Portal.
- From the Home tab, go to the Enterprise Recon 2.0 section and click Download to download the Enterprise Master Package Appliance ISO file.
Run the Installer
- On your machine, load the ER2 installation media.
- (Optional) To check your RAM for memory hardware errors, select Memory Test and press Enter.
Select Install Enterprise Recon 2.0 and press Enter.
In the terminal, enter YES and press ENTER to proceed with the installation.
You can configure your network interface with or without DHCP later during the installation.
- At Time-Zone Selection:
Scan schedules are based on the Master Server system time. If your Master Server system time does not match system time of Agent hosts, your scans will not run as scheduled. The Manage Agents displays a warning if the system time of an Agent host does not match the Master Server system time.
If your system clock uses UTC, select System Clock uses UTC.To check if your system uses UTC:
- Press Alt + Right Arrow to switch to the terminal.
Run the command hwclock.The terminal displays the current system time.
- Press Alt + Left Arrow to return the ER2 installer.
If the time displayed when running hwclock is in UTC (see example below), select System Clock uses UTC. If hwclock displays the correct local time, do not select System Clock uses UTC.If hwclock displays 05:00:00, and the current time is 6 A.M. GMT+1, select System Clock uses UTC
- Select your time zone.
Select OK and press Enter.
Enter a passphrase that contains at least 8 characters and select OK.ER2 encrypts the disk that the Master Server is installed on. This passphrase decrypts the disk every time you start up the Master Server.Keep your passphrase in a secure place. You cannot start your Master Server without it. Ground Labs cannot help you recover your lost pass phrase.
- Package installation will start, and will take a few minutes.
Once done, the installer displays the following prompt: Do you want to use DHCP to configure the network interface? (y/n).
Enter either of the following and press Enter:
Input Description y Installer automatically configures your network inferfaces using DHCP. n Manually configures the Master Server's network interface by entering:
You can re-configure the Master Server's network interface after the installation.
- IP address (e.g. 10.1.2.3).
- Network mask (e.g. 255.255.255.0).
- Default gateway (e.g. 10.1.2.1).
- Enter the first DNS server (the primary DNS server, e.g. 10.1.2.2).
- Enter the second DNS server (if not applicable, press ENTER to skip).
Once you've finished configuring the Master Server, press ENTER to reboot your system and complete the installation.
Once the Master Server has restarted, log into the Web Console to activate ER2.