CARD RECON 2.0.25
About CARD RECON
CARD RECON is a data discovery tool that scans storage media and systems that may hold cardholder data. Built on the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), CARD RECON can search emails, databases, documents, etc. in your systems to find more than 160 combinations of Personal Account Number (PAN) structures used in 10 major card brands across more than 200 countries.
Accurate and powerful, CARD RECON is the PCI compliance tool of choice for more than 300 Qualified Security Accessors (QSAs), and trusted by over 2,500 merchants across 80 countries. Support for more than 7+ operating systems and the ability to scan cloud storage means that CARD RECON can cover the majority of common system types used by organisations.
Who is CARD RECON Suitable For
CARD RECON is ideal for security consultants and small businesses with a requirement to scan up to 5 systems. CARD RECON Standard Edition is designed for scanning the contents of Workstations whilst CARD RECON Advanced Edition is designed for sample-based scanning of Servers.
For environments of 5 or more systems it is recommended that Enterprise Recon be used due to its centralised design and ability to automate scanning and consolidate reporting data from multiple scans.
Advanced support for CARD RECON can be found at: https://support.groundlabs.com
More information on CARD RECON can be found at: https://www.groundlabs.com/software/card-recon
More information on Ground Labs products can be found at: https://www.groundlabs.com
The CARD RECON End User License Agreement can be found at: https://www.groundlabs.com/eula
- Built for PCI Compliance: Out-of-the-box cardholder data detection for 10 major card brands that can find 160+ combinations of PAN structures used across more than 200 countries.
- Accurate and Powerful: Our data discovery algorithms are extensively tested to produce fast and accurate search results; false positives are managed by a built-in detection algorithm that filters test results to keep your scans effective.
- Search almost Anything: This software searches a wide range of offline and online storage locations, including workstations, file servers, NAS and SAN devices, Gmail, Lotus Notes, Oracle, Amazon AWS Cloud.
- PCI Compliance Reporting: Generate comprehensive and easy to read compliance reports that are detailed and actionable; reports can be saved to PDF, HTML, CSV etc. making them highly portable.
- Powerful Remediation: When found, data security risks can be securely removed, quarantined, or masked by our powerful remediation tools without leaving the software.
- 7 Platforms with no Installation Required: CARD RECON can run, without installation, on any of the 7 supported platforms; it also can be run from portable storage media.
- Low CPU Usage: Designed to minimise impact on users or production applications so that you can keep your systems secure without having to schedule downtime.
It is important that you read and understand this document, which has been prepared for your gainful and reasonable use of CARD RECON. Use of CARD RECON and these documents reasonably indicate that you have agreed to the terms outlined in this section.
Reasonable care has been taken to make sure that the information provided in this document is accurate and up-to-date; in no event shall the authors or copyright holders be liable for any claim, damages, or other liability, whether in an action of contract, tort, or otherwise, arising from, out of, or in connection with these documents. If you have any questions about this documentation please contact our support team by sending an email to email@example.com.
Examples used are meant to be illustrative; users’ experience with the software may vary.
No part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without the express written permission of the authors or the copyright holders.
THIS DOCUMENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS, CONDITIONS AND WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE DISCLAIMED, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT THAT SUCH DISCLAIMERS ARE DETERMINED TO BE ILLEGAL.