DATA RECON 2.0.25
To add Amazon S3 as a cloud Target:
Get AWS User Security Credentials
- Log into the AWS IAM console.
- On the left of the page, click Users and select an IAM user with full access to the Target Amazon S3 Bucket.
- On the User page, click on the Security Credentials tab. The tab displays the user’s existing Access Keys.
- Click Create Access Key. A dialog box appears, displaying a new set of User security credentials. This consists of an Access Key ID and a Secret Access Key.
- Click Download Credentials to save the User security credentials in a secure location, or write it down in a safe place. You cannot access this set of credentials once the dialog box is closed.
In the main menu, click on No usernames or passwords.
Click + Add and select one of the following:Use Amazon S3 (HTTPS) credentials for Amazon S3 (SSL) Bucket Targets.
- (Recommended) Amazon S3 (HTTPS)
- Amazon S3 (HTTP)
- Fill in the following fields:
- (Optional) Under Encrypt credentials enter a master password to encrypt stored credentials.
- Click Ok.
- In the main menu, click on Search all local files.
In the Search targets dialog box, click + Add and select Cloud Storage.
- Select one of the following and click + to expand the selection:
(Recommended) Amazon S3 (SSL) BucketTo scan Amazon S3 Buckets secured with AWS KMS, you must use the Amazon S3 (SSL) Bucket Target type.
Amazon S3 Bucket
- In the Add S3 storage bucket field, enter the Bucket name.
- Press Enter to add the specified Amazon S3 Bucket as a Target.
- (Optional) Click + to expand the added Target and select specific objects to scan.
- Click Select and then Ok to finish adding the Amazon S3 Target.