DATA RECON 2.0.25
Set Up DATA RECON
Once downloaded, locate the DATA RECON executable in your downloads folder. By default, DATA RECON saves results, journal files, configuration files, and compliance reports in the same folder as the executable file.
To keep all these files in one place, create a folder called datarecon and move your DATA RECON executable into it.
To set up DATA RECON with the Windows GUI:
- Create a new folder in Windows Explorer
- Move the DATA RECON executable to the new folder
In your terminal, run the following commands:
# In your downloads directory ~/Downloads/
# Moves the DATA RECON executable to the ~/datarecon/ directory mv datarecon_linux26_2.0.xx ../datarecon
# Changes working directory to ~/datarecon/ cd ../datarecon
Running DATA RECON as a Portable Application
DATA RECON is a portable application.
You can put DATA RECON on a portable storage drive and run it on any authorised host system.
To run DATA RECON as a portable application:
- Download the appropriate version of DATA RECON for your system.
- Download an OFFLINE LICENSE FILE. See Offline Authentication.
- Place the OFFLINE LICENSE FILE in the same folder as your DATA RECON executable.
- Run DATA RECON.